The Keypad token series has a built-in keypad that allows the token to be used in both event-synchronous and challenge/response modes. The token can be configured to require input of the PIN through the keypad.
In addition, we offer the SafeNet Gold and Platinum OTP Authenticators, for more information click here.
The most common use of the Keypad series beyond authentication is web-based transaction signing whereby not only is the identity of the user authenticated but the actual transaction is digitally signed by the token providing both confirmation and non-repudiation. The Keypad series is also well suited to out-of-band authentication of voice transactions, cheque processing and similar requirements where on-line authentication is not viable.
RB-1 Keypad Token
RB-1 Keypad tokens are used for authentication and transaction signing. Its most common use is in financial markets and high security installations using Kerberos or RACF.
- Applications: Authentication, signing on-line transactions
- Operating Modes: Event, Challenge/Response
- Usage: Banking/Finance, Research, Kerberos
- Encryption: AES-256
- Batteries: Replaceable
- Lifespan: Unlimited
In addition, we offer the SafeNet Gold and Platinum OTP Authenticators, for more information click here
Token of Choice
The RB-1 token is the standard for high security, high-value authentication and transaction signing. These long lasting tokens provide a higher degree of security and offer a significant improvement in PIN management. Among the key advantages:
- They do not expire and therefore do not need to be repurchased and redistributed every few years resulting in incredible savings in money and administration.
- Though delivered pre-programmed and ready-to-use, the RB-1 can be reprogrammed at your site, allowing you to increase the strength of the generated passcodes or customize operation. Options include passcodes comprised of up to 8 characters using a selectable combination of digits, upper and lower case letters and punctuation.
- The option to use 8 character alphanumeric passcodes significantly improves security and usability relative to tokens limited to 6 digit passcodes.
- After a typical battery lifespan of 5-6 years, you have the option of replacing the token batteries or returning the tokens to us for battery replacement at a nominal fee. Tokens display a low battery warning 2-3 months before the batteries are exhausted.
- All of our tokens use AES-256 bit encryption.
Easy to Use
Logon to SafeNet Authentication Service protected resources using the RB-1 is a familiar and simple process. A user simply enters their PIN (something they know) and the one-time passcode generated by the token (something they have) when prompted for their password. With RB-1 tokens there is never a need to install or maintain client software.
- Secure: The RB-1 uses AES-256 bit encryption to generate OTPs using a combination of digits, digits and letters or digits, letters and special characters.
- Portable: The RB-1 token is small and portable and is easily carried in a pocket or purse or on a lanyard.
- Easy to Use: Simply press the PASSWORD button and enter a PIN to generate a one-time password. Use DIGSIG to generate a transaction signature.
- Cost Effective: RB-1 tokens never expire. Automated provisioning, self-enrollment and replaceable battery deliver a very high return of investment.
- Variable OTP length: 6-8 characters
Hexadecimal: (0-9, A-F)
Base32 (0-9, A-Z)
Base64: (0-9, Aa-Zz, punctuation)
- Stronger passcodes
- Better PIN management
- 5-6 year battery life (typical)
- Replaceable batteries
- Low battery indicator
- OTP/cycle selection
- High contrast LCD display
- Automatic power-off
- Modes: Event, Challenge/Response
- AES-256 bit encryption
- RoHS compliant
- FCC Part 15, Subpart B certified
- CE approved
- Lithium batteries (2 x CR-2016)